Do you believe all Gods/deities are as real as the one you worship?

What is your stance on deities?

That there is only one God/spiritual being, that there is a holy Trinity, that God(s) assumes/assumed human form, that all deities are facets of one God/spiritual being, that every deity that is worshipped is legitimate, etc?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 1:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I have a different take on things then most Christian/Catholic folk. I believe that God has shown himself to every person, tribe etc. The Bible in fact says he has. I think that most religions are based on the same God we all worship. I think that different religions just take what God has shown them and they try and idk describe it or fit it into a box and call it whatever religion they want to. I dont put God in a box. I think God is all knowing, and everywhere. I think when we start saying only this is right or that is right then were getting things wrong. No one on earth can tell anyone what God thinks, how He sees things or anything else. So I do think that even though there are different deities spoke of they really are the same one God.

Answer by gemgem at 1:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I believe there can be many I have no right to tell them who they worship is not real
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• They are real as they need to be for those that believe in them... it is no different than any other belief! Even if it is as simple as a police officer, that wears a badge!!! They believe in that badge and what it stands for...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I am Pagan. On my path I see deities as star children. They exist on my path, but only as man-made creations. I don't worship them at all.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• All deities exist in their own right. None is automatically superior to another just because they come from different regions of the planet (no matter how forcefully they insist they are)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• They are as real to those that worship them as my God is to me-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 1:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Don't believe any of them are real, so NO obviously
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I believe in Balance...
    A Mother Goddess and a Father God with as many names to them as there are
    beliefs/cultures...
    They are real in everything around us for some and for others in other ways...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't believe in literal gods, and I never really have--though I tried to believe when I was young. I have viewed them as metaphors or people's attempts to understand themselves and the world around them. I respect other people's rights to believe there are literal beings though. I'm a Naturalistic or Scientific Pantheist, so I don't believe in any personal gods. I think the concept of God is equivalent to the Universe or forces and laws of Nature.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I believe all gods are ONE GOD; all goddesses ONE GODDESS.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011