Relationships myths

You know those relationship myths where they are always a friend of a friend but usually aren't true?
Like the one night stand that turned into a relationship
or the guy that promised to leave his wife and did?

Ever know someone personally where it actually happened to?
I went to a small college and one of my instructors ended up with former student, had a affair, he and his wife did get divorced and he married the student and they are very happy about 20 years later.
Not saying I recommend that sort of thing, but I guess it worked out for all of them.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know if those myths are true. Personally I've never known anyone that those myths worked on but I still have my hope I guess. You knowwww the one that "your booty call will end up falling in love with you over time because you're the one that spends lot of 'personal' moments with him". - _- not sure but looking forward to seeing what other people have to say lol
    Miszross

Answer by Miszross at 1:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• There was a girl that lived down the street whose dad left her mother for the 18 year old babysitter. They were married and the father and the babysitter had custody. The sitter was a checkout girl at the local grocery and always had hickies all over, it was so disgusting.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I do know of a one night stand situation where they did get married and have been married for 6 yrs, but like you said I don't reccomend trying it.
    darter

Answer by darter at 1:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My husband and I started out as a FWB situation, we fell in love and are happily married.

Answer by missanc at 1:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My BIL is married to the female he had an affair with and had a child with . When he was married to his first wife. They have been married 24 years.

Answer by louise2 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Actually I do know someone who had a one night stand....and he is now married to her. It didn't happen right away...it was about a year later that they ran into each other....but they've been married for 10 years now.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My dh left his wife "for me." really, he didn't leave for me, he left for himself. It was a personal decision that he made for his own happiness.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Mine and SO's relationship started as a one night stand and then turned into friends w/ benefits. We have now been together for 5 1/2 years and are getting ready to have our third child together.

I have always believed that there are exceptions to every rule, but I wouldn't recommend doing it the way I did! I GOT LUCKY!!!!!!!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• it happened, interesting plot and characters- got 3 great kids out of the deal- 1 hers, 2 ours. not highly recommended though- both marriages (lol, we didnt learn much from the first) lasted total of 15 years- kids (grown) are all doing great. dont hold your breath lolol
    geezer

Answer by geezer at 9:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2011