• In the Spotlight:

What would you say/do?

I have an 18 yr old ss who my dh drives to school everyday. In the morning my dh goes outside in 16 degree weather to shovel the drivway so he can get out, but ss never offers to help and dh says nothing to him. I want to say something to both of them but wasn't sure I should bother. What would you do or say and would you feel any different if ss was a sd?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd speak up. Tell DH he should have his son help out. I know my DH would have our sons out there with a shovel.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• As long as that SS doesn't think I am going to do what his dad does for him. I would not say anything to either of them.

Answer by louise2 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well if I were you Id talk to my husband to have a family meeting with our son to talk about how he can help his "mom and dad" out.He is 18 year old and may need to bump up on the family-home responsibilities. Id phrase it like "Son, mom and dad need your help" We want to you to do...... Id boost his selfconfidence by telling him all the things that he already does that makes him responsible.
    Fishette

Answer by Fishette at 1:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Nothing, if his dad didn't say anything then why would you?
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 1:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Thanks ladies for your replies. I really don't want to be stuck with an irresponsible person living in my home forever because his dad won't make him do ANYTHING. My son lived here til he 21 and he helped do everything, so it just drives me a little crazy when I see things like this going on now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• PS...ME AND SS ARE NOT CLOSE AND HE WOULD NEVER CONSIDER CALLING ME MOM.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011