Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Who has the right???

my daughter has been living with me ever since she was born. her dad is not on the birth certificate, didnt sign any papers, he isnt authorized to get information from her doctor, he denied her, he doesnt have copies of anything about her. im the one with all the documents and i get benefits for her. i moved about 2 hours away and now he says that he signed her up for day care so she has to live with him and i have to hardly see her. does he have the right to keep her or do i have the right to have her live with me? also his parents are involved with or situation and they all are saying that they are going to keep her from me forever and making up all these other lies. along with the people from their church.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (17)
  • He can't do anything without going to court and getting his rights. You need to contact an attorney and see what needs to be done to protect you and the baby. The father and family doesn't sound very stable.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • how would he have any rights if he isn't a legal guardian?

    Answer by notjstasocermom at 2:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • If he is not on the birth certificate,and has never been there for her,he has no right to sign her up for daycare. How old is she? Talk to a lawyer. U might need one.

    Answer by dancer at 2:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • He has to go to court to get any rights at all. YOU need an attorney.

    Answer by gdiamante at 2:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • Call a lawyer asap...if you don't have much money try to find out if you have Legal Aid in your community.Don't let him or anyone else around him bully you into anything. But just to have standing on legal grounds,,i'd get a lawyer involved. good luck hunny.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • he has no rights to her unless he gose to court and it is said other wise also for them to make it to where you cant see her anymore they would have to prove you are a unfit parent i would call a lawyer and talk to them

    Answer by devinalexis at 2:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • First off if he is not on any paperwork and does not see her then how is he getting her to daycare and taking her from you? I would be calling a lawyer asap and demanding a paternity test and court hearing before allowing ANY of his family to see her at all. What they are saying and doing sounds VERY scary to me. Keep track of EVERY conversation you have with any of them and document it now.

    Answer by aeneva at 2:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • hes a lying bastard obviously.

    if he has no documentation that he is her father, AND none of her documents, he did NOT sign her up for daycare, first of all. you need SSN's, birth certificates, shot records, all kinds of stuff to sign a child up for daycare. and even if by some miracle he did, that means absolutely nothing. how does him signing her up for daycare mean he is going to take her away from you? tell him thanks but no thanks.

    they all sound completely insane and stupid. document everything they say/do incase this ever ends up in court.

    Answer by tnm786 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • Dont let him get to you..... A judge will not take your child that does not know the father and give him full custody, maybe visitations but thats it.

    Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • He has no rights to her if he hasn't seen or on the bc

    Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.