Can i put whole chicken in crockpot? for how long? =) TY

momma2kkw

Asked by momma2kkw at 2:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• of course :) i do it all the time! it ends up falling apart by the end.. literally.. the meat FALLS off the bones.

anyway i usually put mine in around 9 am and leave it on low, usually eat around 5-6. so on low it should be about 6 hours, on high about 4 hours.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• thank you!!!!!! =)
    momma2kkw

Comment by momma2kkw (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• aREE WITH THE ABOVE PERSON...TRY ADDING A BOTTLE OF BEER IN THERE AS WELL yum
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yep, sure can. I did our turkey for thanksgiving in the slow cooker. Stuck it in before I went to bed on Wed (around 11pm) and when I got up it was done and just fell right off the bone. It's so tender and juicy. I do mine with rosemary and sage sprinkled on it, chopped celery and onion under it and just a little water (to have lots of gravy).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2011