How do you know if the baby is becomming spoiled?

My baby.. spent the last 5 hours freaking out everytime I put him down.
Spazing and crying when I put him down. Grandpa came over and helped hold him.. But even then he only settled down for a few mins.. then back to spazing.. MIND YOU HE HAD EATEN 4 OZ BOTTLE, BEEN CHANGED, AND WAS CLEAN AND WARM..

But only when I took him back did he fall asleep. Then he remained asleep aslong as I HELD HIM.. Put him down.. and whamo spaz city again!

He is only 22 days old.. so not sure if they are able to be spoiled this soon... HELP!

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 2:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think you can spoil a baby at 22 days old. He is just getting used to the world and its normal for him to continue to be very attached to you.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You can't spoil a baby. Sorry hun but there's something else going on. Some babs just like to be held all the time. you could try putting him down for a set amount of time (a few minutes at a time) several times a day. If he cries then he'll just have strong lungs. However dont do it for too long. Excessive crying can give them a belly ache and it's not good for your nerves either.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It could also be gas, you might want to try Mylicon. You just add to the bottle, it might help. Also have you tried a swing or bouncy seat yet, only if you have the infant/newborn head positioner though.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You CANNOT spoil a baby especially one that is only 22 days old. He needed something and that something may have been to be held, but he needed it. I would look into getting a ring sling so you can get stuff done around the house. Babies have needs not wants at this age and biologically they NEED to be held sometimes. Some need to be held more then others.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• no not that soon. Baby just need security. My little boy want us to hold him all the time and we have to walk we can't sit down. Maybe put him down to the mobile gym or little bouncer/swing will help?
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You can't spoil a baby. Your baby is less then a month old, and this is NORMAL newborn behavior.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Babies that young are not manipulative nor have the ability to even think of being that way. Crying is the baby's only way of communicating its needs to you... so if it's fussy, it must be for a good reason, or colic.
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• GOD I hope that it isn't colic... PRAYING..
    2boys4momma

Comment by 2boys4momma (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i've always heard that you can't spoil a baby.
    i would definately call the doctor and see what he/she thinks
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 8:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• NOT spoiled. Normal infant behavior. They are programmed to be held constantly... they know in their guts that the safest place for them is in mom's arms and nowhere else.

TODDLERS are the ones who get spoiled. When a child is capable of demanding every toy and treat they see and GET it, THAT is spoiling.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011