My almost 3 year old.

My son has had ear infections every month for about 3 years.. It's horrible. The doctor NEVER brought up the idea of tubes.. a friend of mine did... But here is the thing , He has it on march 2nd to get tubes.. But he is also signed up for swimming lessons starting this month, He also loves laying in the bath.. So this would be a huge :( to him if he had to get tubes.. He wouldn't be able to be in the water.. Does anyone know if there is different ways, Or are ear infections not a horrible thing where we could just let his body fight them .. if he gets them he gets them.. ?? My husband and I . Really would like him to be healthy but we'd really like him to be able to be the lake this summer and the pool...

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 2:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think they get fitted ear plugs along with the tubes. I always had swimmers ear growing up. I got fitted ear plugs. They poured warm rubber in my ear that formed to my ear. When it dried it fit perfectly. I had to put drops of peroxide in my ears after swimming.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• They also make swim bands too. I think Earbandit is one brand. Talk to the surgeon, their office normally sells the stuff right there that they think is best.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• they have some sort of swimming band, I saw a kid wear them u might be able to find them in the pool section at any store
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• you can always get him a swim cap. when i had tubes put in my mom got this stuff called "ear putty" its like playdoh but its put in the ears and keeps water out. pretty much any ear plugs will work as long as they are for swimming.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011