How do you feel about a pharmacy doing this to people on medical state aid?

A friend of mine works in a pharmacy and it is in a snobby grocery store where Nannies grocery shop more then the head of households do.... So when a prescription comes and the insurance is state aide her and her pharmacist will fill it after everyone else that has private insurance has been taken care of.
We have argued that what she is doing is wrong.
She says it's her taxes paying for the drugs and she can make them wait if she wants.
I explain to her that most people on state funded medical coverage have jobs and should be treated equal.
She still refuses to see my side.
What do you think about what this pharmacy is doing?
***I didn't know where to put this so I put this in just for fun***

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• oh, well thats real nice. that would be a nice, big, fat lawsuit if they did that to someone who needed an emergency inhaler refill ASAP.

honestly, the fact that she does this is not as disgusting as the fact that the pharmacist goes along with it. i used to work for CVS for 2 years and the pharmacist, though he could be a very impatient, arrogant asshole, would never do something like this. it is not their job to be judgmental pieces of shit. and yes, this is being very judgmental, taking their sweet ass time filling a script JUST BECAUSE its medicaid/medicare. it should go by first come first serve, or whatever time the CUSTOMER said they wanted their script filled.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• report them to the state board of pharmacy in your state. The is not tolerable. I have been a pharmacy tech for over 11 years, thats not acceptable.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I agree, that is so wrong on so many levels. What if the situation were reversed and SHE was the one that had to wait? MOST of the meds I've had to pick up are a time sensitive thing, not life threatening, but still time sensitive. I would also report her for discrimination.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• People like her amaze me.... I hope that she doesn't find herself in need of help one day, just to be put on the back burner while others who "make more money" than her are helped first.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i don't know what to think..but i know my dh fills scripts AS THEY COME IN, regardless. anyone is free to take their business elsewhere.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• btw, im positive both of them can be fired.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• wonder if that place could loose there lisence for something like that.....then she would be out of a job....hmm wonder if she thought about that?

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• This is terrible and makes me wonder how many other ways are people on assistance being singled out.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I do not like the fact that this is what she does and yes after this we don't talk much at all....I have always thought it should be first come first serve.
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• She doesn't realize they all could be without a job
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011