Vacation Ideas

We are planning our vacation and were not sure where to go. We don't want to do disney, our son is 7 and really doesn't want to fly. We told him he will have to eventually but were not pushing it just yet. We're in Michigan. We did Chicago last year, were thinking maybe Toronto. (Did the train to chicago and thougth about it for Toronto too)

So just thought I'd see if you ladies had any suggestions?
Thanks!

choco_mom

Asked by choco_mom at 2:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Travel

• i dont know your area so i will give you a bump.....have you thought about getting the free state tourist books for the place you are thinking about see?
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Traverse City? Up north. I'm not sure where in MI you're at so...I'm throwing that out there. How much time do you guys have?
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We are doing about a week. We have been to traverse city alot, my husband practially grew up there. We'll probably go this summer but just for the weekend. Thanks for the idea...
    choco_mom

Comment by choco_mom (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Quebec?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Cruise to Alaska
    StartHomeCareer

Answer by StartHomeCareer at 5:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I love Toronto. Don't go in June, it rains a lot at that time. We used to go up to visit a friend of my mom's (aunt kate). we always went soon after school let out for the summer and had rainy weather every time.
    St Lawrence Indoor Market is our favorite. Will never forget the moment my sister almost ran into half a cow headed to a meat stand. Niagra falls isnt too far from Toronto. I've taken the cave tour taht goes behind the falls. SO worth it!
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Toronto is a great city!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• would you recommend Toronto in either April or August, those are the two times that work for us, weather wise which is nicer?
    choco_mom

Comment by choco_mom (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Drive to Six Flags.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 10:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2011