Why are Athiests purposely going into religion section if they have none

I mean other than to bash, stir up drama, and ask questions that make those that have a religion of some kind to feel like crap for having one...

Do they get off on being a TROLL

Why would someone ask if they are ashamed of their beliefs??? HELL NO.. proud of my beliefs, and glad I have something to believe in... i don't go to sections I care less about to cause drama, why can't they just grow up and move on... My belief in God has nothing to do with what others do, I have a personal relationship, and seen miracles happen, and have enough sense to learn from unanswered prayers as lessons in life, rather than pretend there is no God, acting like a 2 year old throwing a fit, and pretend it is the only reason or way I believe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, not to defend pot-stirrers, but it is called the Religion & BELIEFS section! They don't have religion, but they do have beliefs...even if it's only to believe in nothing.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Its called Religion and Beliefs, not just Religion. Atheists and agnostics have beliefs, too -- they just may not match yours.

Why do you go into the religion section if you are so secure in your own beliefs? Probably for the same reasons they do, curiosity and interest - or maybe not.

I enjoy a different perspective and food for thought. I am disappointed though to see so much bashing and flaming there.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Is it spring break somewhere?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Why are you caring?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Your first mistake is thinking an atheist asked that question about being ashamed of your religion. I asked it and am a Christian. Second, you are doing the same thing, asking a question to stir up trouble. Third, the section is the Religion and Beliefs section, which encompasses ALL religions and beliefs. Fourth, this is an open forum and anyone can answer any question they like.

So if you only want to associate with other Christians, please feel free to join on of the many Christian groups that CM offers.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• acting like a 2 year old throwing a fit

Yet you're the one throwing a fit about it. Why does it matter where an atheist chooses to post or not post? Why does it bother you so much? 

CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'm an eclectic Wiccan-witch I believe in a Goddess as well as a God and I've met lots of accepting atheists who don'tbash me for being what I am(unlike certain other people in a certain other religion I know, so far I haven't met an atheist who wanted to burn me at the stake or chase me with a noose then call themselves good people for it). IRL I've meet more Christ-like atheists than Christians. I believe there are religious extremists/trolls/fundies in all of the religions out there including atheists. (I think the Buddhist religion is the only one who might not have any fundies I have yet to meet a mean Buddhist). just skip the mean/hurtful/hateful comments thats what I usually try to do anyway. If you want to believe in God thats your right just like if someone else wants to believe in no God thats their right too(same goes for people who believe in a Goddess as well as God or many Goddesses and Gods)

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011