What symptoms have you experienced in the first few weeks of being pregnant?

My periods are so off that we never know when to try. My last two cycles have been like only 19 days long and this one is almost lasting a full month but Im not sure cause I haven't had my period yet for this month. Im preying that we are pregnant but the odds are slim cause we only try like twice a month since we really dont know when to try. I dont want to jinx my self so I would just like to know what kind of symptoms you lady's had the first few weeks of pregnancy?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• headaches, sore breasts, dizziness, queasiness. The headaches for me were the worst. They come from hormonal changes in your body and if you have never been pregnant before will be worse with the first pregnancy then any other. My breasts were also sore, and much more then with pms, where I couldnt even lay down on them or sleep on my belly. You can also get some cramping pains and even some spotting.

Answer by gemgem at 11:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I really didn't have anything obvious. I found out at about 2 weeks with a positive test. I think around 4 weeks I started getting nausia. I lost my appetite. I didn't have sore breasts. I think I was a little more tired/sleepy than normal too. It never hurts anything to test. If you get a negative, then just wait another week and check again. Good luck. I know how hard it is waiting for that positive test. We started trying with my first son and I stopped having periods for three months. The third month of trying I got pregnant...with no period for three months. So anything is possible. :)
    JMommabear

Answer by JMommabear at 12:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I was just like you Jmomma, right befor we got pregnant with our first son I went 4 months with out a period!! Isn't that crazy? I was so convinced that the reason why I wasn't having my periods that whole time was that I was pregnant... I even had the doctors do a sono on me so I can see with my own eyes lol and I wasnt but right after that if happened. This is actually my second child but I didn't even know that I was pregnant with him until I was almost 7 weeks pregnant. Cause when your periods are always off I just stopped keeping track of them. All I remember from that pregnancy was that my boobs were killing me but nothing else in the early weeks of being pregnant. Last night I was a little dizzy and the night befor that I thought I was about to throw up but I didn't. At this point its going to happen when the times right, I just wish that this is that time lol. Thanks Lady's for responding.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I didn't have any signs until about six weeks along, that is week four of gestation.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I just felt weird and lethargic... then a couple weeks later I couldn't keep down my cheerios. :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Oh, and I took 2 tests- both positive. My nurse sis told me that you very rarely get a false-positive, more often the false negative.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I feel like someone has taken a bat to my chest... it hurts so much....And im moody as can be
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 12:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My first, I felt really tired all the time, and my appetite was screwed up, like I'd get hungry but then completely lose my appetite when I went to eat, like the kind of feeling you get when you're full and you just can't eat any more. This one, extreme exhaustion again, this time accompanied by insomnia of all things (what a combo, let me tell you), sore boobs, and some mild nausea (which got worse after a couple of weeks). All of this within a week of conception, and more after another month or so.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have to correct my self on my last post. I only have one child and not two lol I dont know know why I put that. But I didnt really notice anything withing the first few weeks with him besides my boobs were sore so thats why Im asking. I also wonder if you have the same symptoms that you did with your first one. Are they all the same?
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• No, LandensMommy, my symptoms were not the same this time as they were with my first. With my first they were so subtle that I didn't realize they were preg symptoms until my period didn't show up. With this one, I suspected a week before I expected my period. Though the initial extreme exhaustion was the same with both, but that can be caused by a number of different (obvious) things, so I wouldn't use that alone to think pregnancy.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2008