Do you no

if uncontrolled diabetes can affect getting prego ?? my blood is 190-220 after dinner and after running 170

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Wow. I'm assuming you are getting medical help for that? If you aren't, you should before you even worry about conceiving. Then I would ask the doctor.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 2:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Blood sugars normally range from 70 to 120 get checked for gestational diabetes. I had it and it is not fun.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have Type 2 diabetes, I was a borderline diabetic since my daughter was born, I had gestational diabetes when i was pregnant with her and it just never went back to normal. You shouldn't be testing right after dinner, you should wait at least 2 hours to test, when I work out my sugar level usually is lower. However, my doctor tells me she doesn't want me below 80 or above 100. If you are having trouble getting pregnant and are worried that your sugar could be an issue...get to the doctors. Your family doctor can test you by doing an A1C or a fasting test. It is quite possible that high glucose can be the cause of infertility, because your pancreas has to work twice as hard to produce insulin, and once you become insulin resistant, that is when it can be associated with infertility....Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? If you change your diet you can control it for the most part....but for me it was never easy. G'Luck
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Please go see your doctor before trying to conceive!!!.... I actually miscarried back in July '10 because I didn't know I had diabetes & my sugar levels where so high 246!, I have type 2 Diabetes your sugar levels can't be high when TTC because it will affect the development of the fetus which causes a miscarriage, also you can have a really big baby or really small baby it can also cause the baby heart problems, diabetes is very serious so please take care of your diabetes before even thinking of trying for a baby. I'm pregnant now & thank god my diabetes is controlled, I'm seeing one doctor who is helping me take care of my diabetes during my pregnancy & also my regular Obgyn (who is a high risk pregnancy doctor). Prepare your body & health for a baby then TTC, your sugar levels are to high for what you put, it shouldnt be lower then 80 or higher then 140.
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Also try taking cinnamon sticks & boil them then drink it like a tea, it helps control your blood sugar alot I drink 3 cups a day & it's safe during pregnancy as well my OB told me it's fine. =)
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011