After having a miscarraige at 5 weeks, now I fear that now at 4 weeks along that it will happen again. I have cramping and lower back pain and no bleeding. Should I be concerned?

I suffered a miscarriage and got pregnant again right away. I'm concerned that the cramping that I am experiencing is an early sign to another immenent miscarraige.

lawstudentmommy

Asked by lawstudentmommy at 3:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most importantly, RELAX. Your mood affects everything. I too misscarried (8 & 11 wks). I worried almost everyday when I was pregnant again, then you have to think everything has to happen for a reason. Mabey its not the right time, your body not's ready, if its rejecting itself, there's a reason. Mabey a birth defect to severe. The way my doctor explained it made alot of sense, but I dont think my words explain it right. Back pain & cramping are normal, you probably have a doctors appt. lined up soon. Take it one day at a time until then, its all you can do. Try to RELAX!

I will wish good thoughts for you and your family.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about miscarriages, but cramping and lower back pain are normal symptoms of pregnancy. Try to take it easy and not worry too much.
    Cadreysmom

Answer by Cadreysmom at 3:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• AS long as you don't have bleeding, I wouldn't worry about it. I went through 2 mcs. One at 2 weeks and one at 6-7 weeks. Cramping is normal in pregnancy, especially before 8 weeks. If blood does appear, then that's when I would be concerned. Try not to worry about it. You don't want to stress out and stress that baby out.
    mommy030507

Answer by mommy030507 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I had a miscarriage a few years ago and when I got pregnant I thought everything was a sign of the inevitable! But after about the 5th visit to the ER, the DR who recognized me told me to go home and relax and let nature takes its course. My little booger was fine and she was happy and pudgy when she was born!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 3:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• haven had a miscarriage.but with each of me pregnancies,im pregnant with my 3rd,ive had awful cramps and back pain.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 4:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• cramping and such are signs of early pregnancy, but if you bleed again, then be concerned... I also had 5 miscarriages at 5 weeks, so I know how you feel.... I started getting in touch with my OB very early on in my pregnancies, I would call your OB now, get an appt. and get your HcG levels checked... with mine, my levels never doubled with any of my miscarriages, even before I started miscarrying so I would be anticipating it... with my son, obviously he made it past the five week mark lol, and when I got my levels checked they actually way more than doubled... if it is a recurring thing, your OB can give you a supplement to help depending on what may be causing it! good luck it will happen when it is meant to (and I know how hard that is to hear and how much you want to punch people, but it is so true)
    dance_chica

Answer by dance_chica at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2008