Limbaugh takes a stab at Michelle Obama (again, that is)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110222/ts_yblog_theticket/rush-limbaugh-says-first-lady-is-no-swimsuit-model

Your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I take what Limbaugh said against Mrs Obama was a slam against ALL women. 90% of the female population are not Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model material... The real women of the world anyway.... and I think it's pretty lame that he would pick apart what is on her dinner plate. I think Mrs Obama carries herself beautifully.

I learned a long time ago that NOTHING is bad for you in the food world if you eat everything in moderation. Gluttony is what puts the weight on. Deny yourself something for fear of calories and you end up eating way too much of the wrong things. What is wrong with our society is people like Limbaugh that try to project the unrealistic as the norm.... Mrs Obama is beautiful in her own right and she can eat whatever the hell she wants to.... One meal of rib tips does not make hardened arteries, Limbaugh!...

Oh...and by the way Mr Limbaugh... what a way to win friends and influence people!!! NOT!!
    Grandma2Eight

Answer by Grandma2Eight at 3:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I wish he would shut up and go away.

Psssssst..... Hint:  If you don't listen to him, he doesn't matter... ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• OMG if it werent for the LIBS on THIS SITE bringing up this man, Beck, and Sarah Palin I swear to GOD I would NEVER hear about these people OR the things they say!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well, after all, if ever a woman was just SCREAMING to have stabs taken at her, it's Michelle Obama! Rush is just doing his job, and as grly said, if you don't listen to him, you won't have to get all bent out of shape. That's why I don't give Bill Mahr or Keith Olberman my time or energy, I have much more important things to do than sit around, waiting for them to take their next stab at the Repubs. Let em. It's just words, after all, and in the case of those two losers, not very eloquent or well-thought out words, but they are in America, so I guess they can say what they please, just the same way Rush CAN say WHATEVER HE PLEASES AS WELL!!!!!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh, but since you brought it up, I read it. What I saw was comments on her touting healthy eating, for everyone else, while she eats ribs at 1,500 calories a serving with 141 grams of fat per serving. The White House Super Bowl menu, for example, featured such unhealthy fare as kielbasa, bratwurst, cheeseburgers, pizza, wings and twice-baked potatoes. I think his main point was practice what you preach. But is anyone surprised that the Obama's don't?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Except some disgusting women on CM spew this same garbage...I'm sure you have seen it

If you don't like what others say, you have options.... (1) prove them wrong.... But let me remind you, that would require facts, links, and arguments of substance beyond emotions...... (2) You could also choose to Ignore the words they post, don't respond to them and move on......

But remember~ for every post you see as "garbage" on the one side of the politics?  Most likely there is garbage on the "other" side of politics... The side you defend....  ;oP

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think calling women disgusting is mean. Meaner than saying they're not swimsuit models.

I can't be bothered to find out what Limbaugh said though. I don't listen to him, and I don't care what he said. Why other people care is a mystery to me.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 4:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

~I concur!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The White House Super Bowl menu, for example, featured such unhealthy fare as kielbasa, bratwurst, cheeseburgers, pizza, wings and twice-baked potatoes.

Seriously-not an Obama fan but it was the Super Bowl Menu not the everyday menu- come on now-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ?? attacking personally? I was referring to specific members who attack people on a personal level (CM members as well as the Obama's physical appearance)

How quickly this turned from a thread about Rush to an attack on conservatives. I always wish I had an egg timer to see just how quickly the venom starts flowing from the liberals directly to the conservatives. Sweet, Michelle Obama can take the jabs and criticism. If she can't, she is in the wrong venue. People blasted Laura Bush, Betty Ford, Lady Bird Johnson, Rachel Jackson, Dolly Madison, Bess Truman. Critcs of the 1st lady are legendary. 

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011