Im trapped from living.

So, first thing first, Im a single mom one year older than the dad, when I got out of highschool he still had to complete his senior year, I was pregnant still, we seperated because he would never help me with the baby since it was his senior year he would always be with his friends or partying... I still loved him dearly but all the stuff he was doing made me miserable, when prom came around I asked him if I could go with him, we had just gotten together after being seperated for 5 months he said no bc I would get mad, I didnt understand and he didnt want to explain I then found out that he had gotten nominated prom king and didnt want me to go, I felt like he was embarrased of me and I will never forgive him for that, anyways now he is out of hs and wants me back unfortunantly I dont love him anymore but I still care about him yeah, he is my kids dad, well now Id like to go out and have fun drink a little, not go insane but yall know, well he found out that I went out one night with the girls and called me telling well screaming that Im a bad mom and if I went out one more night he will never speak to me again, wth? Should I ignore this or is he right? I mean he did it too, I got no help from him for my son's first year but now he helps me I mean I dnt know, I just dont see it to fair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Where was the child when you went out? Was he being cared for? If you saw to that he has no reason to say what he did.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would ignore him. It's a double standard for him to be able to go out partying and you not be able to go. You have every right, as long as your child is being cared for, to go out and have a little fun. Sounds like he is a little jealous.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Hmmmmm. As far as I see it, if you are expected to never go out, then he should never go out, either. If you have a trustworthy and safe babysitter in place while you are gone, he really can't say anything.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• as long as the child is with a responsible adult and you dont do it all the time there should be no problem. does the dad pay child support and have visitations?
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• As long as youre not together in a relationship..as long as YOU know yor taking care of your child...don't worry about what he says.You have every right to live your life...he has no say so.Next..hang up the phone on him.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• sounds like you are both young and he needs to grow up a bit.
    If your child was being taken care of, I'd just ignore him.
    He needs to get a clue
    Anonymous

• Its sad he wants his cake and to eat it to let him as long as the kid is taken care of going out once and a while is ok nothing wrong with taking care of yourself as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You know he's not right so don't let it get to you. It sounds like you are better off without him and that he still has a lot of growing up to do. You should absolutely ignore his outburst. As long as you are taking care of your child and leave him with a reliable sitter it is ok to go out now and then and enjoy yourself (which is what it sounds like he did plenty of while you were at home with a baby for the first year).
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If you want to be in control of your life then don't bother with all the petty BS its childish and you have enough on your plate. Your not a bad mom for wanting some you time (as long as it doesn't get out of control and affect your child) IGNORE HIM!
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011