Anyone ever encounter this problem??

DD is 2 and she woke up fine this morning but right around noon her eye started to water real bad and drain mucus...So I thought it could be pink eye..called into the clinic here and the nurse called me back and told me since her eye is still white and clear (not pink or red) and she has allergies (and because of the time of year) that its most likely sinus drainage..She told me to give her benadryl and if it wasnt gone by morning call back..She said they had been getting a bunch of calls for the same thing and it was mostly allergy related as well..
But now im wondering about something..we went out to breakfast yesterday to Dennys which we never do and so this is the ONLY time DD has EVER been around cigarette smoke (we dont smoke and im allergic) ..We requested non smoking which was a joke because it wasnt even divided by a wall! but of course ppl dont care about little ones they only care about themselves and these ppl were just smoking one after another..We were trying to hurry up and get out of there because I was starting to get worried..I didnt realize the section was RIGHT next to us so we hurried up and fed DD and just left..but i ended up with a bad sinus headache from the smoke and now im wondering if that caused her eye drainage..so maybe it is allergy related....Anyone have this happen to their LO? We will NEVER go back there again..this one in the next town over and we didnt know they werent smoked free like our town

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have problems like that if I'm around smoke at all.
    in fact, one reason why I'm on here so much right now is because I've been sick as a dog for a couple of months from being around just a bit of smoke.

It very well could have been the smoke.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I am allergic to smoke, not only cigarette, but also wood smoke. It has irritated my eyes and made them water but usually they get red and blood-shot from the irritation as well. I usually end up having to get a washcloth wet with cool water and lay back with my eyes closed and the washcloth over them to get the irritation to go away.

It could very well have been the smoke, it can be really irritating when you are not used to it. Is her eye any better yet?
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2011