Babys due, Inducing questions ladies

hiya moms!
so im at 40 weeks for baby number two, and we were told if the babys not out by friday i am to be induced at the hospital, i wanted to ask first off to moms who have been induced, hows it feel, is it fast like you just got hit with a shovel in your stomach, or slow like you'd naturally go into labor? and secondly to all other moms, do you know any ways to kick start my body to make it go into labor on its own? ive heard sex will do it but i wanted to know if there was anything else i could do while my hubbys at work that could help? foods i could eat er something? i really dont know >_<

thanks fellow moms

Lakoia

Asked by Lakoia at 3:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My friend went into labor and had the baby the sae day after eating stuffed cheese pizza!!! This is totally true!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i was induced with my son they say it is ten times more painful because it happens so fast. but im sure it was worse for me because i was in labor for 3 days before i haad to have a c section
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Induction, for me, wasn't bad at all. I was already 3 cm and 100% effaced,so that helped I'm sure. I was started on the medicine at 7:30am and had my dd at 1:27pm. The contractions slowly started, but I'm not sure if that is always the case. My sister was induced and was in labor for 36 hours.... I guess it all depends on your baby!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I got an epidurals placed before they started the pitocin. My water was manually broken an hour later. Then 12 hours later I went into labor and 20 minutes later my daughter was born. My experience was great... no pain, no complications and no c-section!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 3:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I was induced at almost 41 weeks! It was my first child, so I'm not sure if it came on quicker or harder than natural labor would.. My labor went very smoothly though. My contractions weren't Bad until they broke my water..and shortly after i got my epidural. I was in labor for about 16 hours before my little guy was born. It's very different with each woman just as pregnancy is! :)
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 3:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It was slow for me, they gave me whatever and I had him 12 hours later by csection, he turned his head and couldn't come out. But overall it was a fine experience, just a bit long. But everyone is different I don't think there is set rule on inducing.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I was induced withthe first 2 and it was quick from the biginning 6 hrs and 3 hrs from start to finish. With the 3rd I did evening primrose oil and he was 2 weeks early!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sex and walking LOTS!
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 3:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Just so you know...you don't have to accept being induced if you don't want to go that route. Don't let anyone bully you into it if it isn't what you want and if there isn't a darn good reason to have it done (like preeclampsia).
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I haven't been induced but with my son I had nothin goin on, wasn't dilated cervix wasn't changing at all and this was at 39 weeks and a few days so I started taking red raspberry tea leaf pills (suggested by my midwife) and putting evening primrose oil tablets up my wahoo and went into labor within 3 days and had my son on his due date. So I don't know if those really helped or if he was just ready!!
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011