What has Femanism really created?

I want to know in your personal opinion.. WHAT IS THE RESULT OF THE FEMANIST MOVEMENT?

Is it a good thing?
Does it have anything to do with the negative social changes in our nation?
Does it have anything to do with the positive social changes in our nation?

American Femanism orignally started at the outset with the womans sufferage movement at the Seneca Falls Convention of July 1848 (For a time frame..)

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 3:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think women who wanted their rights were asking for the same chances men had. I don't know if dancing around in nearly anything and singing counts as having rights, there has always been that.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The ability to vote
    to work
    to leave a marriage
    to not be raped by your husband

Just to name a few.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Feminism has resulted in women having many of the same opportunities that men have always had. Feminism has resulted in women being able to buy and own property. Feminism has resulted in women not having no choices if they are abused and mistreated. Feminism has resulted in CHOICES for women!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think it may have increased the feeling of entitlement. I know a lot of women who wants to be treated the same as a man, and then complains when it happens. I may be old fashioned, but MO is that there are some things women aren't meant to freakin do....and considering there are equal rights and all of that now....stop complaining when you are treated just like your counterpart. (Sorry it's a hot topic around here lately)
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• the basis on which feminism was founded was a good and just basis, equality for humanity, man and woman alike. today it has just become a war over reproductive organs. it's one big abortion debate. what about women in the middle east who have no rights at all. they don't seem to be mentioned. i'm sure they are some sah nazis who would agree that the feminist movement was a bad thing. you know the women who believe that all women with kids should stay home. there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a sahm, but when you go so far as to say working mothers are selfish for wanting to go above and beyond and not just be a housewife then you've gone too far. these women fought for our right to be more than housewives
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i think iot was good for something and then others it has created monsters!!!
    women march around screaming for equal rights and then when they have to suffer the same consequences for their actions (that they screamed for int eh first place) they want to claim the " but I am a girl" poor poor me.... blah!!!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It really depends. The ultimate feminist act is to have children and raise them, because no one else really can do it for you. That being said, equality in the workplace and marriage is what feminism should encompass.

I want men to open the door for me, and I want to stay at home with my children, and when I do return to the workforce, I want equal rights and pay.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 3:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Oppurtunity and freedom...for women

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Good and bad has came from it imo.I get a kick out of women who rage on and on about how they don't need no man for NUFFIN! They can open a door themselves they ain't 'weak"! Then these same women will piss and moan about how no man opened the store door for them or their date didn't open the car door for them..Welp can;t have it both ways ya either think of it as demeaning or polite.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The ability to vote
    to work
    to leave a marriage
    to not be raped by your husband

***

Yet, if you were to go on over to the RELATIONSHIPS Answers section, you would think based on some of the posts that it was 1848 again!! Even though women have become empowered over the years, there are, unfortunately, a great many of them that do not realize they have the power to change things!! It's really quite sad.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011