Have any of you..?

Have any of you ever felt like there is just something not right in your relationship. Idk why but lately I just feel weird Ive been with my DF for 4.5 years and for some reason for the past month or so I can't kick this feeling. I just feel like he'd rather be with other people (other women included) and call or text other people (other women included) rather then do anything with me. I ask him if he wants to do something with me and he'll say ya sure but then make completely different plans and tell me "he forgot" and I try and text him when im away but i can get maybe 10 words out of him before he just stops texting and hes carried on conversations with other poeple women included for hours even days (yes even all night) Im a jealous person but Hes snuck around before he never did anything (so he says) but Im just ready to break down.

JordonMichelle

Asked by JordonMichelle at 3:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• it sounds to me that you need to move on. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Trust your instinct and don't let him tell you that you are "paranoid" or "crazy". Hopefully, you two can talk about it and sort it out.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Oh wow! This sounds horrible...are you sure you still want to be with this person? My DH doesnt act like this and I've never gotten those vibes from him, he seems to genuinly want to be around me (sometimes more then I would like) and he calls or texts throughout the day just to say hello......I don't like telling people what to do because it's so easy to tell people what they should be doing when your on the outside looking in...but if I were you I would first sit him down and have a serious conversation about what is going on in your relationship...and if that vibe didnt go away after that I would have to cut my losses and move on...nobody should be with someone who makes them think they would rather be with someone else. Sorry honey
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You seem to konw it is going on. You have to either put up with it or not. Do you want to stay with him while he is after someone else? Do what you decide is best for you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Go with the gut and get out...... It never gets better or resolved because dogs will be dogs and by staying your causing yourself more pain and frustration, I've been there and fought that fight.... believe me it was not worth it.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• does DF stand for "darling fiance"?? I really hope not, because if so- there are some serious situations you should fix before seriously considering marriage. His talking to other women so often is a pretty big disrespectful issue. But you have to think about why he's doing it to- what is he gaining? Attention? Admiration? Do you nag or complain a lot? I'm NOT blaming you, I think what he's doing is wrong- but usually men look for something they feel they aren't getting. Tryto do things a little differently, like make plans to do something you know he would enjoy or be interested in (maybe a "guy" movie, going to a sports game, anything) and it might peak his interest...if attention is an issue, maybe give him more. Then again, have you confronted him? Told him how you feel? That's the first step I'd take..don't approach it with the "you do this" and "you don't do this" attitude- tell him how it makes you FEEL. good luck
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Part of the loving of another person is wanting to be with that person, wanting to do the things that please that person, enjoying seeing the other person having a good time and being at peace. You seem to have none of those things, and so I think you are right to question his commitment to you. It may be time to sit down and have a talk about your future together because it sounds like he is probably just waiting for you to make the break, which is so typical of these kinds of men. I like to call them gutless wonders. They don't have the guts to make the break but wonder if perhaps you do.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Hes not acting like hes sneaking around. I mean he even lets me go through his phone on a regular basis to make me feel better (sounds awful i know) but this only recently started happening. He actually broke up with me about this time last year for 5 months. he came back right when i had finally moved on. (Unfortunatley Im afraid this may all be in my head.) I mean we don't fight. And usually we are always with eachother but just Lately its a horrible feeling and i can't even explain it. I was planning on talking to him tonight but i hate talking to him because he literally shuts down and shuts me out for days even if its over something stupid but that is always been how hes handled things. Im just frustrated because i don't know if its me or not.
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011