Okay, couples who are friends, this is issue #3!! I am about done!

We have a couple who we do things with on a regular basis, sometimes it seems onesided, for example we had 2 free rooms and dinner at a local hotel, we invited them to come with us, saying you pick up the babysitter and the hotel, and dinner are on us, the husband says didn't you get them for free? We did, but they go out and spend money on what we were doing anyway,, I didn't think it was a big deal to ask for them to contribute the babysitter. They have a son who cannot spend the night anywhere other than their home, so last Saturday we went to their house, and the next day they called and asked if we had dropped the other son's IPHONE in the toilet,, umm of course if something like that had happened we would have said something, the IPHONE was on the bathroom counter, and apparently when the son went to use it, it didn't work,, the 3rd issue is we were all going on a family vacation to Cabo San Lucas at this couples time share, they said we would pay $1500 for our week, we found out we can rent the same time share for $900 from a stranger, hubby says just shut-up I say we need to discuss!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 3:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*Hmm*~... I think I would find another couple? Friendships should feel safe and comfortable... not as if you are being taken advantage of!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• THAT is beat! New friends please.....
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't think these people are really your friends. It seems like they are out for themselves and nobody else. I don't know but what it wouldn't be best to just quietly disappear.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I deserved the thumbs down for that one. Sorry, Kimi . . . you are right . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yea.... I don't think I would consider this couple as friends.....
    jojobeans429

Answer by jojobeans429 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I just think you need to find new friends
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't quite get something, they took issue of paying for a sitter for their own child and didn't like that you got your room for free?

anyway, up to you if you still want to do things with them, but maybe you should not tie in the costs of everything so much.
    or maybe just do things like go to movies with them.

But if you don't enjoy their company, it's up to you if you want to cut ties with them.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011