3rd woman on AZ's death row, warranted?

TUCSON, Ariz. – An Arizona jury has sentenced a border activist to death in the 2009 murder of a young girl and her father.

The Pima County Attorney's Office said Tuesday the Tucson jury returned the death penalty verdict against 43-year-old Shawna Forde. She now becomes the third woman on Arizona's death row.

Forde was convicted of first-degree murder and other charges in the May 2009 home invasion in Arivaca (ayr-uh-VAH'-kuh), a desert community about 10 miles north of Mexico.

Twenty-nine-year-old Raul Flores and his 9-year-old daughter, Brisenia, were killed in the robbery.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yep
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yup. Op, Why wouldn't the death penalty be warranted in this case?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

•  

Yup. Op, Why wouldn't the death penalty be warranted in this case?

Where did you read me saying it wasn't??

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I am ASKING you OP~ why, IN YOUR OPINION, wouldn't the death penalty be warranted in this case?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Ok, let me break it down for you, OP.... Op, you asked if it was Warranted, right? Sooooo,OP, IN YOUR OPINION~ why would you to even QUESTION why it wouldn't be warranted?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would rather she serve life in prison...the death penalty seems harsh (and it is) but once she dies, it's over. I think she deserves to truly pay for and suffer for taking the life of that man and child.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yup. Op, Why wouldn't the death penalty be warranted in this case? Where did you read me saying it wasn't??

***

You've made it clear in a number of other threads that you do NOT support the death penalty. So that is why those of us who are familiar with your posts ASSUMED you would again be against the DP!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sounds like it
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Lori

Since you like to STALK, I also said UNLESS the crime involves the abuse of children

A 9 year old begging for her life as her parents lay (seemingly) dead as a man reloads his weapon and murders her

Constitutes abuse

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011