Work from home??

A little about my life. I use to work non-stop from 16 til I got pregnant worked up til 2 days before my due date. Went back to work after my 6 weeks. I had to single mom at the time. Since then I worked til about 07'. Since then I've been a SAHM to my 2 boys.

I love it however, I know my family needs more income. However, I don't have anyone trustworthy of watching my kids and if I were to work a part time or full time job 90% of that income whould go to daycare.

So the question is.. Are there any real work at home jobs? I've seen all kindas of them but half of them are fake or don't pay enough??

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• I do daycare right now out of my home. I have been lucky enough to do it for almost five years but I'm in school full time so I can get a "real" job in the next year. Daycare is a good option if you can deal with others kids, you can make decent money at it depending on where you live. The down side is that some states require you have a license, some parents dont pay when they are supposed to, and how you displine will be way diffrent then how other parents may do it. It may not be the perfect option but it can work if you are really passionate about it! Medical coding is supposed to be a job one can do from home, but it take specailized training.
    Good luck!!
    ceciandrew

Answer by ceciandrew at 4:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! It's not a job, it's a business. I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 ½ year old son, and 23 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we are dedicated to helping other Moms work from home. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, NO Parties, NO RISK!!! It’s an enjoyable and flexible home business.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms! Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our Team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

We are the largest group of Moms working from home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• yes, FYI there is a difference between a job and a business such as the post above me.

For work @ Home JOBS got to HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'm a gift basket consultant for La Bella Baskets and I do get paid every 2 weeks and it is a legit business, check out my profile for proof:-) If you like more info p.m. me:-)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I blog about work at home opportunities and ideas.  You're more than welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Look at care.com for ideas. There are several categories of jobs (use the pulldown). Search by zipcode and most recent postings. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• There are work at home JOBS and there are work at home BUSINESSES. The business requires a start up fee because you are purchasing your own business.

If a work at home JOB asks you for money, then it is most likely a scam .. the only thing you may be required to pay for with a JOB is a background check (some companies pay for this, and others require you to pay for it)

I do PrePaid Legal .. it's a work at home business.

This company has been in business since 1972, trades on the NYSE, and has an A+ rating with the better business bureau. You can't trade on the NYSE and be a scam. That is why I got started with this company and it's worked well for me.

Good luck ! :-)

MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 11:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2011