If we end up moving to Arizona...

to save money, should I just sell everything I own (except clothing and the kid's things) and just buy new stuff slowly? I really don't want to move all my furniture (which is trashed from having a daycare in my house) and besides, it would be fun to adopt the whole desert color scheme.

ETA: We also have cold weather clothing. Would we even need stuff like that over there?

SnapdragonSMT

Asked by SnapdragonSMT at 4:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Don't make the same mistake i made....when we moved to AZ from CO I got rid of all my sweaters and heavy coats.

The desert is cold.....even in the summer is gets colder at night. We recently had a cold spell and it was 15 degrees.

I live S of Tucson and it is higher in elevation. Warms up beautifully in the day and doesn't stay hot as Phoenix.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It doesn't sound like you have a question. Your furniture is trashed so why move it?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Get new furniture and keep your cold weather clothes. Good luck with the move!
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 9:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011