Advice about my weight.

I was like anorexic for a while, but got healthy and gained 20-25 pounds between March and when I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. I'm 22 weeks pregnant now and have gained about 20-25 lbs so far with my pregnancy on top of the weight I needed to gain before that. I figure I'm a lil past my half way mark so I should only gain about 20 more... Is 40 lbs way too much to gain with your first pregnancy? I feel like a fat cow, and if one more person says something to me about oh how nice it is to have a baby around the holidays or oh my goodness when are you due? (and I'm not due till march) I'm ging to flip the heck out!!! Seriously! I need some opinions. Thank you

And please I don't really wanna hear from the women who only gained like 15-20 lbs during their pregnancy. You will all just make me want to shoot myself, thanks.

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 11:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• DONT WEIGH YOURSELF AT HOME. LET YOUR DR MONITOR YOUR WEIGHT AND YOU JUST FOCUS ON KEEPING YOU AND YOUR BABY HEALTHY. LOOK AT YOURSELF AND YOUR BEAUTY, BEING SKINNY IS NOT BEING ATTRACTIVE. BEING HEALTHY AND BEAUTIFUL IS ATTRACTIVE. TRY 2 STOP WATCHING THE NUMBERS AND STOP STRESSING ABOUT WHAT SIZE YOUR WEAR. DONT COMPARE YOURSELF TO THEN AND NOW OR THEN AND THE FUTURE. YOU STILL HAVE AWHILE TO GO AND THE WEIGHT GAIN IS GOOD. AND THOSE 25 LBS YOU GAINED B4 KNOWING YOU WERE PREGNANT DO NOT ADD TO YOUR CALCULATED PREGNANCY WEIGHT GAIN. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT FEEL TIRED, YOUR BODY WILL BE TELLING YOU YOU NEED MORE NUTRIENTS.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i think i was right at 40 lbs, and gained most of it in the last 20 weeks. i'm 20 wks as well, and have gained 10lbs... i'm expecting to go over 40lbs this time. you may too. i'm sure you will get it off though.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• well it really depends on your weight of when you got pregnant.... hey I'm plus size & you would figure you'll never gonna be able to tell I'm pregnant just fat well guess what i was round now I look like I have a watermellon in front of me I'm due in a couple of weeks...so I'm hoping that i will just lose everything!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Hey girl, I'm 33 wks prego and have already gained 45 lbs with 7 more weeks to go. Don't worry about what weight you gain, as long as your doctor isn't worried about it. Typically, the "norm" is 25-35 lbs but I say pooey bc my doctor still isn't concerned about my weight gain either.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I wouldn't worry so much about how much weight you're gaining. Concentrate on eating right and how much weight your baby is gaining. My doc said that 25-30 lbs is what you should aim for, but since you needed to gain weight anyway 40 lbs might be better for you. As long as you and baby are healthy then don't worry. I only gained 27 lbs, but my ds was a peanut at 6 lbs 4 ozs.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I gaine 40 pound i was 145 when i go prego tthen when i was at my last trymester i was 195 i lost all of it after i had my son so yes it ok to gain more then 20 pounds im still not all the way back but at 160 right now .... this was my first pregnacy too I thought i look huge and gaind way to much. every time i would go to the docs i would say is that to much wait they said no normal.. im like is the pounds going to stop lol and i just eat for only one not two dont think you need to eat for two that not true
    Anonymous

• I really wouldnt worry about your weight gain. Its not important. Im am 5'8" and was 120 lbs before pregnancy and I gained 65lbs with my first. Im pregnant again and its the least of my worries. Im healthy, lost the weight and was 128lbs by the time she was 1. She was a 9lb baby. Your body will put on the weight as needed. Dont worry about it.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 12:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I eat pretty well I think... once in a blue moon I will indulge in a craving, but I try to eat super healthy the next day or something... I'm really tall too... 5'9... I was at 150 when I found out I was pregnant... so now I'm like 172 or something.... that just seems sooooo heavy to me considering I was like a size 2 back in March. If I reach 200 I dunno what I'll do. I have such a issue with my weight already.... and It doesn't help that my boyfriend is a fitness freak and like goes to the gym like everyday and looks like he just stepped off the cover of flex magazine! I'm starting to really resent hin for it! It just makes me feel fatter... Ahhhhhh!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 12:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my friend gained 60 pounds and shes under wieght.... so she looks healthy now..

your not "fat" your pregnant and healthy....
    Anonymous

• you are not fat! I looked at your pictures and you look realy good! Cute pregnant lady! Thats what happens... like I said i was massive but didnt care. it does seem like 200lbs is alot, but you will go back down. My husband is a workout freak too. But whatever your the one making a human being. lol! I was a 0 before my first and only wen up to a 2. You will lose the weight, takes time and effort but you will.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 12:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2008