Do you wash clothes before wearing them?

new or used

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 4:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Shopping

• yes. well, unless dd is hell bent on wearning them THAT MINUTE! lol. but I try to get her to understand why I want them washed
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... people still "try them on", and eeewwww
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes. And not just because people try them on. I remember way back in the Jon Benet Ramsey case there was talk about DNA on her underwear that could have come from the factory where they were made because they were put on her brand new out of the package. That always grossed me out. Now I always wash my new clothes. And used clothes? Definately.

Answer by gemgem at 4:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Normally yes, but I have been in a situation where I had a wardrobe malfunction, and was buying pants specifically because of this. I put the pants on in the dressing room, then wore them with the tag on to the checkout and ripped it off where they would see my intention was not to steal them. I've also had to buy new clothes for DS when he got sick on himself out in public. But if I'm not shopping for emergency purposes then yes, they all get washed before wearing.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Haha. Not usually. I mean, I'd LIKE to, but I usually buy them for a specific occasion and i usually buy them at the last minute and don't have time.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 4:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I do.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• New - no
    Thrift - yes
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Always
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Always, new or used.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I used to just wear them without washing...but my cousin said to always wash them because theres something in the new clothes that cause cancer?! I don't know if this is true but I didn't wanna risk it..and underwear...ALWAYS wash! On Dr. Oz there was a study of how dirty and full of bacteria new clothes are full of these things because they are tried on and touched by so many!! AND UNDERWEAR! Gross! So i was everything now right away!
    RaquelmyAngel

Answer by RaquelmyAngel at 4:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011