RESTRICTED help for Navy wife?

Does anyone know personally about how my sister can get RESTRICTED help (meaning it won't be reported to hubby's command) to leave her controlling, verbally abusive, and mentally unstable husband? Her biggest issue is that she doesn't want this to affect his career knowing that, if she can get out, that's all he'll have left. It's heartbreaking to have her call me crying from across the country daily.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*YES*~.... ANY BATTERED WOMENS SHELTER... they do not report back to them because they are civilian!!! It isn't their job to...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• W.E.A.V.E.
    MommaClark3

• Thank you, ladies. Do you know for sure that this will not get back to his command? And do they take on women who aren't PHYSICALLY battered?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Family advocacy representative...every branch has one...plz contact them
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• To be honest, do you think it is safe for someone like him to be in the Navy? Is there any PTSD that may be the issue with him? If so he needs help.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Do I think it's safe for him to be in the Navy? So far, yes. So far he only takes it all out my sister. I think she should go ahead and report him - he's ***ing nuts, in my opinion - but I'm not going to go behind her back and do it. She has a very good point, too, that if it DOES get to his command, it'll be the worse for her. So far we've bought tickets for her and my 4 YO niece to come home in April, but now he's saying that's kidnapping. :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• She can leave and tell him that if he lets her go without a fight (or abuse) then she won't have to expose him. She just wants out. It's up to him whether or not it gets reported. Divorces are private matters. The military won't get involved unless he makes it happen.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Leaving a state without his permission COULD be kidnapping. Find out the laws in her state.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• A quick call to the domestic violence shelter in her state will tell you if she can leave the state with the kids without his permission

Answer by admckenzie at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If he is unstable we don't need him in our Military making major decisions. He needs to be reported so he can have the help he needs and she needs to get help at whatever spouse assistance on base they provide.
    lakenheath

Answer by lakenheath at 6:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011