• In the Spotlight:

What is the most ridiculous name you have heard?

I think 'Kha-riz'ma' is probably the most annoying name I've heard but 'Unique' is also a strange name.

SnapdragonSMT

Asked by SnapdragonSMT at 4:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Baby Names

• I hate the name Nevaeh, "heaven" spelled backward-I think it is stupid. Also I know a couple that moved to the US from a Hispanic country. They named there daughter Female --- pronounced similar to tamale, but withe fee at the beginning. She said the nurses named her -when they brought the baby with "Female Jones" or whatever on the wrist tag, she thought the nurses had named the baby? How stupid is that. Also when I worked in a call center, I came across an account that I had to laugh over. This guys last name was Tyme. His first name was Clement. Can you imagine...Hi, I'm Clement Tyme"
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I can't remember where i heard it.. but someone had named their son "sir" .. the dad said his son would demand respect wherever he went or something like that.. The poor child. Maybe not the WORST i have ever heard.. but It's for sure on the list of strange ones.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Our neighbor is a teacher and has a student named Vagina, who requests to be called Gina. Her mom just thought the word "vagina" was a beautiful word so named her child that!!!

I also used to live down the street from people who named their little girl Pepsi.

Why do people do these things?!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• This thread is cracking me up. Poor kids.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Harmonica
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Went to school with a guy whose last name was Pancake. His mom and dad named him Blue Barry

Answer by gemgem at 4:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I was going to say Billy Jo (it just sounds so white trash), but after reading your response OP, I think I'm going to agree with you.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• When I was 16 a friend of mine had a baby and named him Dylan Lukas Mckay (from 90210) It is a cute name but we were young. My brother's best friends daughter "Knowledge" I just remember hoping that she was not slow or dumb.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'm going to have to go with Latrina. I mean, really??? Latrina?? But the one that irritates me for some reason is "Nevaeh", "heaven" backwards. I just think it's stupid.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Shandi Leer (say it out loud and tell my why someone would do this)
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011