Would you?

would you be a stay at home mom if your husband made ok money and you could afford a place to live and everything but didnt have tons of extra money to spend? or would you but your infant in child care and look for a job so you have the money to do whatever with?

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• HOME HOME HOME HOME!
    lol
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I am in category 1, so the first obviously. I am of the thought that if you have kids and can stay home with them then you should. I dont believe in sending my kids to a daycare for someone else to raise when I can be home with them. We may not have always had every luxury, but I knew what my kids were being taught, and what moral values were being promoted because I was the one home to do it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Definitely stay home. Money can always be made, but kids only grow up once.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i would like to work and make money but at the same time i would rather be the one watching my children and my mil believes i should be home with a newborn for atleast the first year. im due in april just trying to figure out what we should do. my husband just started a new job and might be getting his old job back
    djsmommy13

Comment by djsmommy13 (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I wanted to spend every moment I could with my children when they were small. That is time you can't get back , When they started school I worked from 6 am - 2pm.....I still had time with them after work. To help with homework etc.....I think you if your DH can cover the bills and keep food on the table...stay home with your little one/ one's
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i would be a miserable person if i didn't work. it's as much a part of me as being a mother and a wife. no amount of money my husband makes will change that about me.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't work for the money alone. I am instilling a good work ethic in my daughters, and teaching them that women could do whatever they want with life.
    Remember, this is your life, not your MILs.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have been a stay at home mom, even without the means of a partner. And, even though now I am working and am blessed to have my mom watch my kids, so I have the extra money to do things with them. I would, if finances would allow, give up everything to stay home and be with my kids. many people who have not been a stay at home parent, don't understand how hard it is, so its not about being home to be able to do nothing, cause, to me, its harder to be an at home mom then it is to work and be a mom. Its about being able to have that time, and ability to bond, and experience life with them. When your a stay at home mom, you never get a break from that....My break is when I go to work....atleast I can have a break from the same routine. But I do miss being home with them.
    RosaLeen

Answer by RosaLeen at 4:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I may work PT or hisoff days....I work FT nowbut use to work his off days.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• home, the money is not worth missing out on your kids for a fancy vacation. Time is the most precious gift you can give your child and they will remember the little things.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011