Pirates kill two American couples off Somalia coast...

Does anyone know why they were in those dangerous waters? I can't seem to find info about that specifically...so sad..

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 4:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• there were warships in the area that followed the whole thing, maybe there should be some sort way that those ships that are out there can someone warn people from getting too close. It's just sad any way you look at it, who knows if anything could've been done differently.
    Answer by CookieMom108 2 hours ago
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    I think that warship should have blown the pirates straight to hell as soon as they discovered the hostages were dead. A message needs to be sent to these "people" that their terrorism will NOT be tolerated! C'mon now... AK 47 vs. ship canon... no contest.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Awww...I didn't see that they were killed...yesterday I saw a new clip on it and it just said that they knew they were in dangerous waters but continued on anyhow...that is so sad!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• They definately made a choice... it is sad but sometimes we make choices and suffer the consequences good or bad.. in this case they are in Glory.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Very sad. I was hoping for a better outcome.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It's a sad outcome but they knew the dangers and could have avoided the area.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 8:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Although its sad, they asked for it! They knew what and where they were saling and to even think of going near Somalia,
    is a death sentence. Sad but it's their own fault. I have no mercy for stupidity! Where was the Bible when they needed it the most?
    Completely avoidable!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• it was actually 4 people killed and they were sailing the world. there was 19 pirates total and they said they will always kill their hostages. its sad that they would do that just so they wont get caught with them
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• They were on a mission to pass out Bibles around the world. 

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2011-02-22-pirates-hostages_N.htm

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Ahh..Thanks MommyH2... Just bad news all around.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• On a mission of some sort, not sure exactly but they were passing out bibles.  I also had hoped for a better outcome and was saddened to read it this morning.  Not expecting that, the last few stories turned out okay (well as okay as you can be being held hostage for over a year).  I don't know why though they got even close to those troubled waters.  It seems the pirates are venturing further lately. If there were warships in the area that followed the whole thing, maybe there should be some sort way that those ships that are out there can someone warn people from getting too close.  It's just sad any way you look at it, who knows if anything could've been done differently.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011