My kids want a bunny!! should i buy it?

i really dont know! i asked my dh and he said yeah yeah. last week i asked him if i can buy the kids a hamster and he also sadi yeah i bought them ,the hamster and they KILL IT!!

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 4:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Since they killed the poor hamster, they are obviously not ready to take care of a pet yet... So unless you have a hatred for bunnies, and would like to see one get hurt or killed, I'd say don't get it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would say the death of the hamster indicates your kids are not ready for pets yet. Just because they want it, doesn't mean they have to get it!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My kids want an airplane. Just because they want something does not mean that they are ready for the responsibility of it.

Sounds like yours aren't ready for any kind of pet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't buy anything you don't want to take care of,, bunnies are a huge pain,,, I say wait!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't think children should have pets until they are responsible enough to take care of them themselves. Now, if you yourself want a bunny to clean up after and to feed, then I say go for it!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• WTF! Kill it? and HOW old are they? Poor animal.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Jademom07 love your answer! My kid wants a rocket jet pack from Diego. Obviously we can't get that for him, but I really enjoy listening to his nearly 2 year old logic on why we should get one for him.

As for the originial question, I wouldn't get the bunny. I know somone whose toddler son was playing with a kitty with some other toddlers, and they accidentally mauled it to death. They thought they were petting it, and were really sad/scared when they realized what happened. They were just too young. I would wait until they're older, and more able to be careful with things.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 4:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No.

When I took my son to look at bunnies, he was 6 and they suggested  8 or 9 or when the parent felt the child showed alot of responsibility for caring for a pet.

My son is now 8, has had a dog for years and still forgets to give it food and water.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• They killed a hamster? How?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my kids are 3-2-2-1 !! i WONT GET THEM A BUNNY THANK LADDIES
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011