I'm 30, divorced, single mother of 6 yr. old...now what? Where do I begin?

I feel like i'm at a standstill. At a 3 way road and I have no idea what direction to take. I'm scared. I have trust in the Father but i'm still not sure where to begin. Any advice?

RaquelmyAngel

Asked by RaquelmyAngel at 4:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• First let me say, keep holding on to your faith. I to am 30 and have been a single mom pretty much for 6 years, and even though for 4 of those years, my kids' father was there, he was more of a burden then help. Its tough. I still don't know how i manage everyday...yes, i do, cause I have God, to guide me through. It gets easier, its one of those things you can't think about it, you just do it. Hang in there, you will get through it.
    RosaLeen

Answer by RosaLeen at 4:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You have to live one day at a time. You have to do what needs to be done today and not worry about what might happen tomorrow. It might help you to read THIS MOMENTARY MARRIAGE by John Piper. He has quite a bit to say in that book to women like yourself who find themselves single after having been married.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You take the road you think is right.

Answer by louise2 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• When i left my 1st husband I moved to a new place and just got to know a few of the neighbors and got my kids into wed. night bible classes and met parents there and also in church. It is just day by day in the beginning. Don't look to far down the road just look at today.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• what exactly is the question...where to begin? work and take care of your child.....
    Anonymous