Should I pissed or am I wrong???

I am on my third child and 2nd husband (his first child) I want to take this class for hypno-birthing, OK i'll be honest I signed us up for it and paid already.... He is mad because he will have to miss out on 2 of his roller hockey games and threatened to quit the team if he has to go to the classes. WTH????? I don't know if that was just said out of reaction and immaturity or if he is for real. He does need to be in the hospital room helping me through labor and what good will he be if he misses 2 out of the 4 classes????? Was I wrong to sign us up and should I be mad that he is being a complete ass?!?!?! 

PART 2: Now I did discuss this class that I wanted to take weeks ago but  being a man he pushed it off and we never spoke of it again.  The only reason I booked it was because it was the last day to sign up for my term.  There are no other hypno birthing classes available while I would be pregnant and I wanted to try a new way of dealing with the pain.  The point is, he procrastinated to answer me which is why i just went above him and did it.  Im sad because he plays 2 hockey games a week and can't give up only 2 of those games for ONE month.  I can't just have someone fill in for him because he needs to know how to help me through the pain.

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• You were wrong to make a decision without discussing it with him especially with paying for it before talking to him

Answer by admckenzie at 4:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Have a friend go with you to the two he will miss if you need someone. If he had a prier commitment that you knew about don't be mad at him. You'll be fine! :-)
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• While you should have discussed it with him first I don't think your wrong about him being there and taking the class if it's the method of delivery you're choosing - the birth of his child is more important than a couple of his games and hopefully he'll come around to realizing that.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Did you try to discuss it
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I agree with admckenzie you should have discuss it with him b4 signing up so you're in the wrong.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You should have discussed the class with him first. He probably feels like if he wasn't even part of your consideration and didn't need to be there for you to make up your mind about the class then he doesn't really need to be part of the class. I mean that's kind of what you showed him by doing that.

If it's that important to you for him to be there and supportive of you and helping you through your labor- then you need to keep him in the loop and go over what you need with him before committing to something- especially if it interferes with his prior commitments!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I agree with momof2inCT2007 had to say
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't think you should have just signed up without asking him. Part of marriage is communicating, and that means checking with each others schedules, even if it is for something like birthing classes. It's just good to get into that habit. By the same token, it also sounds like he's reeeaaalllyyyy over-reacting, and that's not cool. I'd sit down and try to reach some sort of compromise.
    peanut081981

Answer by peanut081981 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It is wrong not to talk to him about it first.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Try to change the class dates?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011