If your friend was cheating on theirDH/SO, would you tell them to stop, or say nothing?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 4:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd probably try talking to my friend to find out what was wrong with her relationship and why she was cheating. I would let her know that nothing good could come out of cheating and that she should really try to resolve her issues with her husband or get out of her marriage. Other than that, there's not much you could do.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 5:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd probably tell her/him to stop being a skank and ask them how they'd like it if the roles were reversed. Also remind them that what comes around, goes around, and karma won't make an exception for them.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't tell a friend how to live her life but I would remind them, constantly, that it's not right and if it continued I'd probably pull away from the friendship.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I've been in this situation. I told them that it was a bad idea, they usually didn't listen very well, but I told them. But I didn't continue on the issue because I couldn't control his behavior.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would say something because if i was the one being cheated on and people knew and said nothing i would be so angry. but i would say something to the friend.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would mind my own business
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Don't judge.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• she obviously has a need to find "love" from another source. you could discuss with her that need but I don't think it's your place to tell her to stop. she needs to make that decision.
    Anonymous

• I'd tell them to stop. That's not right.
    peanut081981

Answer by peanut081981 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• mind my own business because whatever happens with their relationship youll be needed to help her afterwards to clean up the mess!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011