How can I kick start my weight loss?

I would like to lose 10 lbs pretty quick and then slowly get the rest off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I jump started my weight loss by using a calorie counter on line. Also making sure that I drink more water less soda. Another thing is that I went cold turkey and quit eating fast food. If you are wanting something sweet try a fresh/ frozen fruit smoothie!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Start a food journal, and measure your food. Food is about 80% of the battle. There's a great food log that's free on sparkpeople.com, and they have phone apps, too. I use it, and I love it! Then, add some exercise that you'll keep up with, like brisk walking, riding a bike, an exercise video, whatever works for you that gets your heart rate up and makes you break a sweat. A stroll won't do you any good. Never go below 1200 calories a day. Try to eat small frequent meals to keep your metabolism revved. Lots of fruits, veggies, lean proteins and whole grains. Make water your only beverage. It's AMAZING how many calories we drink a day. Coffee is ok, but don't load it with sugar and cream. A nonfat latte or cappuccino is fine, too. Start with these, and go from there. I eat clean, and I love it!! I've lost 50 lbs so far eating this way! I have a journal on here if you want to read the basics. Or you can Google it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Kicking the soda, cooking at home, and logging your food intake is a good way to monitor caloric intake. Get up an move A Lot will melt off pounds. Lots of cardio and sweating but make sure you hydrate so you don't get sick. You can find great recipes online that actually give you calorie count, lowfat, and tasty. Goodluck
    liltxtornado

Answer by liltxtornado at 1:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Cardio
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Cutting carbs a lot, doing some intense cardio, drinking lots of water and also getting plenty of good sleep.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2011