When did your ped start your baby on cereal and solids? Were you already giving them to baby anyway?

My pediatrician wanted us to wait until she was 6 months old before we started her on cereal and solids, and we did... although I'm pretty sure she was ready long before then.

mollyj96

Asked by mollyj96 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby was one month and we mixed rice baby cereal init so he would sleep through the night.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We started giving her cereal around 4 months and baby food around 6 months. That was what my pediatrician recommended and what my mother suggested as well.
    IrishPennMom

Answer by IrishPennMom at 4:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my pedi wanted us to start at 4 months but we wanted to wait until 6...we ended up agreeing to start at 5 months
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Mine STILL doesn't sleep through the night! lol
    mollyj96

Comment by mollyj96 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• 4 months. my boys have always been big so they were ALL about it. but you don't need to rush it. just introduce it a bit here and there until they are ready and interested. i'm not all that worried about what a pediatrician says all the time.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 5:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• not trying to put the poster down who suggested this, because i know the want for a full nights' sleep is quite tempting, but i would definitely wait until at least 4 months to start introducing anything besides breast milk... or formula, whatever it is you're using. you have to make sure their little systems are ready first
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 5:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We started cereal at 4 months.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 5:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Started at 3 weeks; formula alone wasn't cutting it.
    Anonymous

• I started my oldest son at 3and a half months old and he was ready then (on cereal) then he was 4 and half months when he started with the solid foods and for table foods he was like 10months old.
    My youngest son he was 2 and a half months with the cereal and 3 and half months for the solid foods. He is still getting both with a mixture of formula in his cereal and food plus a bottle yet.
    My peds told me to wait with my oldest til he was like 4 months for cereal and 6months for the solids. with my youngest she suggested it earlier cuz he was drinking an 8oz bottle ever 2 hrs when he shouldn't have. Now we are having problems getting to drink his bottle so she told me to cut back on his solids and ceral and give him more bottle and i am having a hard time with that.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 8:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• lol i never listen to our doc half the time! but i started making my own baby food around 7 months then she was on all table food at 8 months! i never did the cereal stuff! my dd is 1 and still doesnt sleep all night! which im ok with! if she needs something im there is part of being a parent!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011