When your labor started.. did you know it was coming, or was it a big surprise? edit*those who werent induced!

i hear some women say that new a few days prior labor was on its way, then ive heard some say if was a complete surprise!

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 5:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I dropped quite significantly a week exactly before my labor started on its own. I didn't think I was going to go into labor, but my mom knew it was coming soon. The day before my scheduled c-section, I woke up with funny pains in the lower part of my belly and my water broke! And it wasn't no trickle, it was a gush and gushed from the time I got up out of bed to the time we got to the hospital. Was dialated a fingertip when they checked me and they left me in active labor for a couple of hours before beginnig the c-section.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I had no idea it was coming, I woke up the day before my due date having some irregular contractions but by evening they were coming every few minutes and I ended up having my son on his due date.
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I had no idea. Water broke late at night and we headed to the hospital!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Both of my labors were induced. I was late having my first child, so the DR. decided to induce. The 2nd was induced on due date because of my previous history of not going into labor. I really dont mind being induced because I know a date and time to be at the hospital ready for labor :-)
    CynCity281

Answer by CynCity281 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I knew it was coming with my son. I couldn't sleep the night before at all, I was having contractions about 15 mins apart. I had a doctors appointment that morning, I was at 3 cm. I came home and my contractions continued getting closer. I had my ds at 1:58 am.

I did read a story on CNN about how this father had to deliver his son bc his wife immediately went into labor. Like baby crowing, and everything!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I knew it was coming. My mucus plug broke on friday morning (a week before the due date) and that same day I went to work and told them I am now taking my maternity leave, the moment I left the building I got my first contraction.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i was induced for both. first one i was dilated and didnt even know it. couldnt feel contractions so they decided to help me along. second they didnt want me to wait until it was too late. i couldnt feel my contractions and we didnt want to run into problems with not getting to the hospital in time. i hope for my third they schedule that one too.
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My first two where a big surprise, my last one I was induced. I'm a pretty lucky lady tho my first labor was 12hrs, 2nd was 2 1/2hrs, and my 3rd was 2hrs 17mins =)
    RNC2005

Answer by RNC2005 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I was a week late with ds (my only child) and the dr was concerned so she decided to induce labor. DH and I had our son 6 hours later at 6:10pm and that was 4 years ago May this upcoming May.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i was induced for both of mine as well.. thats why i meant to those of you who actually went into labor.. if you knew! because im not being induced for this one hopefully!! (:
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011