Kids starting school

many moms cry when their little ones start kindergarden. what was your experience?

chrisrmom

Asked by chrisrmom at 5:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I did not cry because I did not want my son to see me cry. In a way, it was very exciting. A rites of passage....!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i get ready to cry even when i drive by it... and he doesn't start until september!!!
    i always said i wouldn't cry... i thought i was tough, but i guess i didn't count on hormones... or... i don't know what it is! but i'm a slave to it! heck, i'm about ready to cry now thinking of watching him walk away from me!!! :(
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 5:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I was a little sad and apprehensive that I was leaving either of my children in the hands of responsible strangers. But I wasn't sad enough to actually cry. I was scared that my kids would cry and that would make me cry, but they didn't. My son (the baby) is in kindergarten this year and he's been fine since day one. He's still a mama's boy, but he's fine at school, has lots of friends and is doing very well.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I did with my first, but I had also just delivered my 2nd and was still rather moody. When my 2nd started, I was one proud mama - no tears.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011