Am I being selfish.....

Update: Thank you ladies for all your comments. I wrote him an email telling him how I felt and yesterday the ring was back on his finger. Thanks again!!

My husband of many years refuse to wear his wedding ring. I, on the other hand, always wear mine.

He says the ring bothers his fingers and he is always messing with it. Unfortunately, I see this as disrespect. I am trying to get over the disrespect part, and wanted to see what you ladies think about your husbands not wearing their rings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him to get a tattoo then.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Stop wearing yours for a while and see how he feels about that.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

I agree.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i would not be cool with it... though i can't say i wear mine. but it's because it practically falls off because i've lost so much weight and my husband is too cheap to get it resized... and the fact that i'm contemplating divorce....
    which is yet another reason why he should be wearing it. if it's uncomfortable, maybe he should get a new one and you can renew your vows or something. but i think it's shady if a man won't wear his band
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 5:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My Dad is a doctor and never, ever wore his ring, still doesn't. Didn't seem to bug Mom and they are approaching 50 years. I don't know, doesn't matter to me.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We actually have the opposite problem. I never remember to put on my engagement and wedding ring. I take them off every night before bed and then fly out of bed so fast for carpool that 9 times out of 10 I forget my ring. My dh makes a big deal about it and I dont think its being disrespectful atleast on my part because as soon as I remember I do put it on. Just talk to him and tell him why you feel this way. Maybe you can find a second ring that he can wear that doesnt bother him>? It might just be the thickness or cut of the one he is wearing.

Answer by gemgem at 5:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I dont think thats being selfish, but maybe you can take him into a jewler and get the ring sized. I know when my rings bother me sizing usually helps :-)
    CynCity281

Answer by CynCity281 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Maybe it does bother him, I know mine does and I don't wear it for that reason. Me and hubby don't wear our rings, I don't see the big deal. Tell him to put it on a necklace and wear it around his neck.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd let him know that it hurts you. That you consider it disrespectful and explain why. I'd be upset if my dh didn't want to wear his ring. It's a physical sign of his connection to you.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Are you worried that hes maybe acting "single" while out? If not then let him know how disrespectful it is. Maybe you should renew your vows or get new rings? If his is that uncomfortable then maybe he needs a new one? Not sure GL!!

But yes! It would bother me too. Def disrespectful
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011