What as your experience with a premie?

chrisrmom

Asked by chrisrmom at 5:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I would say that I have a high experience with Preemies I had 28wkers triplets!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my brother had two kids born around 33 weeks thankfully they are both doing well. one just turned 3 and the other is 7 months
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I babysit a set of twins that were premies. They are almost 2 years now and healthy.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 5:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• DD was a preemie; born at 28 weeks gestation, weighing 1190 grams at birth. Now 10 years old, perfectly healthy.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• well it depends i have had three preemies, a 24 weeker who will be five this feb., a 31 weeker and a 35 weeker. so i would say i am a pro at preemies..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my dd is 6 and was born at 30 weeks- that has made me an expert

I also worked for 6 years in a level 4 NICU and still work in pedi er (that did not make me an expert)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My oldest two were early and just fine my youngest was 3 weeks early and was in the NICU for a couple of days, but all in all they are all healthy now just my 5 year old is being tested for asthmia she has some lung problems
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 9:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my son was a 29 weeker twinless twin, and spent 2 months in the nicu. he is almost 4 years old now and you wouldnt even believe that he was as early as he was.
    chrisrmom

Comment by chrisrmom (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My daughter was born on november 1, 2010 she was born on the day i turned 29wks i had placental abruption due to having severe preeclampisa. my daughter almost didnt make it due to all the blood and oxygen she lost. the dr had to work on her for 11mins. they were just about to call it when her heart starting beating and she started breathing agian... she had to have a g-tube(still has it) she doesnt suck or swallow. she just got her gag reflexes.she had to have a nissen fundoplication bc she has severe reflux. ...she was in the hospital for 11wks. she came on on her due datw jan 17. 2011. she is 17wks old today and 6wks weeks old.. she is doing good now
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 2:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2011