Healthy yolk sac Healthy baby??

I'm 7 weeks pregnant & had a pelvic ultra sound done today, my OB said I have a healthy yolk sac & he could see something in the yolk sac but it's too early too see a whole lot of the baby, so I have an appt. in 2 weeks for another ultra sound. If I have a healthy yolk sac can that mean my baby is growing healthy as well?.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• im 7 weeks too. went for an ultrasound last week and i have to go for another one thursday to compare. they told me the same thing so hopefully ill find out more thursday. ill let you know!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I had to have early ultrasounds with my second pregnancy because my first pregnancy was ectopic. I had ultra sound at 4, 5 ,6 and 8 weeks. They saw a yolk sac at 6 weeks but we didnt see the heartbeat until 8 weeks. Your dr just doesnt want to worry you. As lond as you can see a yolk sac everything is going to be ok. You should be very excited to go back in, you will be able to see the heartbeat for the first time- it is something you will never forget! Try not to worry, everything will be fine!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It's a great sign, but this early in a pregnancy anything can happen still. Who knows, you could end up with identical twins in there. LOL :) Good luck and congratulations!
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Definitley doesn't mean anything bad!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i didnt even find out i was pregnant until i was almost 14 weeks and i didnt have an ultrasound until 19 weeks so i missed all the cute little ultrasounds pics of a little bean...enjoy it cuz i really missed out on it
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2011