How long have you been waiting to adopt?

Just curious to see how many people are waiting to adopt, and how long you have been waiting? I am also waiting for another adoption miracle, waiting is difficult, my thoughts are with all of you. Best wishes on your adoption journey.

kbrownie101

Asked by kbrownie101 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Adoption

• We're a little more than 2 years into it. We hoped to adopt from foster care but we're giving up now.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 5:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We've waited forever it feels :)

We are about at the end of our journey with our 3rd adoption via foster care and I can't say if this is our last, or not.

The wait DOES feel like it's unending sometimes but I can say - when you wait and it's right... the wait is worth it for you and the child! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 5:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i never adopt a kid,but my frien teyone waited 1 year and a month to get her little baby girl name gia
    BlueballandKids

Answer by BlueballandKids at 7:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We had to wait 2 years to turn 30 ( China law), then another 2 years before we got the call...it was another 8 weeks before we met our dd. She was 17 months old when we met her. She has been home for almost 4 years. It will be 4 years in April.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• almost a year. I agree it feels like forever!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 9:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We waited almost 1 1/2 years to be matched... Adopting through foster care photolistings, ... Took 6 months to get our child home once we were matched... had one fall through at the 1 year point, was matched then foster parents adopted behind our back...
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We waited about four years each time, including the time it took to find an agency we could work with. We were running into age limits from the start (DH was 38 when we got married, and he was 41 when we began to seriously look into adoption. It was actually two years after we were put "in the pool" of prospective adoptive parents both times.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We were matched in 4 months.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We waited less than a year the first time and almost 2 years the second time.
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 9:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'm think about looking into adoption. I have three grown children.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011