my rapist was released from prison yesterday

and I am having a really hard time with it. I have to face him in court next Wednesday and I am scared out of my mind! I am under enormous stress...my kid had a seizure at school this morning, I overfilled the gas tank at the gas station & had to call SO for his CC # to pay for it...I am so stressed out! I know my SO loves me, but I NEED him to be sensitive to me right now and he's being a TOTAL ass!! I know he is under a lot of stress too, not to mention the holidays coming and no $ but I need him NOW!! I feel so alone....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I know you feel like you need your SO there to be strong with/for you but you can do this on your own if you need to. It took a lot for you to get him convicted already, you have made it this far! Keep your chin up and know that you are a strong woman! Have you asked or do you have anyone else that can be your support in this situation? Consider all your options here...have you looked into any kind of restraining order since he is out now?

I will be praying for you....
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I know you are desperate but you feel like all is coming down on you you need to get ahold of yourself and do alot of praying talk to God as though he is sitting right in front of you.
    You have to handle this on your own be strong don't give it to weakness.
    Show your kids and hubby all will be fine. Good Luck
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If he's already done time, why are you facing him in court again? In any situation I feel bad for any woman that has to lay eyes on a man that violated her. Hang out with friends and try not to be alone if you'r afraid of him. Most importantly if at all possible, try to be as calm as you can around your kids.
    Good Luck to you,
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Calm down. No offense, but at least your rapist went to prison. Many women never get justice. Just get a restraining order against him and make Megan's Law for work you (I think that is the one, the one where sexual offenders have to notify neighbors and all that).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My rapist didnt get shit. =( Anyway- your SO needs to be more understanding. Try gettin ga friend to come around for you or your mom or something
    Anonymous

• This is the OP

My rapist is my exhusband and we are going to court because he is the father of my youngest two children. He filed a contempt hearing asking the judge to hold me in contempt and asking that the judge order me to move back to the county he raped me in. He is already court ordered to live there for the next 15 years....
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008