WEDDING QUESTION

My cousin is having her wedding this June she is having a really big wedding
she already paid for the bridesmaids,jr bridesmaids,&flow girls dresses and shoes
and she was wondering if she paid for there to get done can that count as there gift she supposed to give them or is that tacky?

should she make them pay for there own hair and nails and just by them a gift?her father also payed for earrings for all of the bridesmaids,jr bridesmaids,made of honor,&flower girls so should that count as a gift??

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 5:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Ive usually heard of the girls paying for their own dresses and the bride paying for the hair (since the stylist is coming to the home/room/etc already). But since she was SO generous and paid for the dresses i think the girls can afford to pay for the hair. An up-do is MUCH less costly than a dress.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• when i got married, my girls bought their own dresses and i bought the jewelry as a gift. it sounds like the girls are getting alot already. i think that counts as their gifts.
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• @sahlady she was thinking about paying for there hair styles too because dads wife own a hair shop and they were gonna do everyone's hair for a very cheap price and she didn't want any one to be a mess and apparently she wanted everyone to have the same hair style..but i agree they should pay for there own hair styles ooh and the dresses weren't expensive at all:)
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• She paid for enough. Maybe a nice handwritten card from her to everyone? People can do their own hair. She can't demand they get it done a certain way. Just have everyone do it as they want.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• @mykidsmom86 i agree it was such a short notice because she picked her colors at the last minute so thats why she payed for the dresses
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well, my wedding probably wasn't as big and I really didn't have a lot of money but my goal was to make it all as beautiful as possible and try to make everyone happy and I actually made a lot of stuff. So, my bridesmaids and flower girl, unfortunately, had to pay for their dresses and shoes but I bought crystal hair barrettes and made earrings and necklaces with crystals, genuine grey pearl, and genuine amethyst stones that I gave them as gifts. And the guys also had to pay for their tuxes and shoes but I bought them plain glass mugs and had them engraved with their names locally for their gifts. I know it wasn't a lot but it seemed like everyone was pleased. And the wedding itself turned out great.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• she has already paid for the dress and shoes for everyone and her dad bought the earrings that sounds enough to me. I would tell them they could pay for their own hair and nails to be done. She has done alot for them so far.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 6:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• She has done enough. They can pay for their hair especially if they are getting a deal on it.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• She's been very generous. They should pay for hair, especially since they're getting a deal on it.The earrings should count as a gift, too. No one could expect more. Not if they're a friend.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i'd say the earrings are a gift, she's done enough.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 1:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011