Terrified

I have a Doctor's appointment on friday for a biopsy due to a few abnormal pap, i'm so afraid of what they might find has anyone been through this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• yes. ive have a few abnormal paps. the second step is a colposcopy where they look at the cervix with a mircoscope type thing and put vinger on the cervix to look for abnormal cells and take a small biopy. its a bit uncomfortable but not too painful. then if that comes back bad they may do a LEEP. i had to have a LEEP the first time and they give you the option of going under or being awake for it. i strongly suggest going under. thats were they take part of the cervix that has the abnormal cells. then your will go back after a few weeks and check you to see how you are healing and after 3 months will do another pap. and then they want a pap every 6 months for a year to check for abnormal cells. after you had two paps that are normal your back to yearly exams.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yep. I've done it before. I've had HPV. They did something like freezing my cervix or something.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes! I have had a biopsy done at the OBGYN (I had to take diazapam for anxiety due to the appointment) For a few months I was at the OBGYN once a week. My biopsy proved that I had cancerous cells, which where frozen. The biopsy was the worse part of all the appointments, because it hurt. Since the procedure to freeze the cancerous cells, I have been normal in all my check ups. Good luck and hope everything turns out ok for you!
    CynCity281

Answer by CynCity281 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011