Help!!! My 6 month old daughter already has her two bottom teeth and I think she is teething again...(she is so fussy, she wont sleep, she chews on everything and she has become a drool machine!!) is it normal for her to be getting her third tooth already? and any suggestions on what can help her? Orajel doesnt seem to work...

Kiera23

Asked by Kiera23 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anything is normal when it comes to kids and development! I use teething tabs and tylenol. and wet wash clothes to chew on.
    Anonymous

• Every baby is different some are even born with teeth. As for helping teething tablets always worked for my kids and frozen mini pancakes as chew toys or frozen wet washcloths. Tylnol at night also helps them sleep it takes away the pain.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 12:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Teething tablets or a swab of rum/whiskey!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I used to give my babies a burp rag and they would chew and chew not to mention all that little slobber they were doing it would just get absorbed in to the burp rag. Hope this helps, it helped me (us). Keep giving oragel or a popsicle (it will numb their gums for now) just stay close to the child never leave them alone.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Teething tablets and oral pain reliever and anything that is cold or frozen they could chew on..
    wwwmom0000308

Answer by wwwmom0000308 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• cold wet wash cloth i put her plastic spoon in freezer and let her chew on it (not the metal sppons with the plastic coating she had a plastic spoon that would change colors if the food was too hot)she liked that. anything that she can chew on basically that is cold good luck and no orajel sucks
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My baby does like to chew on his blankets! No wonder! Anyways, I got a homepathic teething gel at Whole foods! I think it works! And the best part-no harm to baby (unlike tylonol which isn't good!) Homepathics are natural, non addictive, non antibiotic, and if the first does didn't help, it's completely harmless to re-apply every 15 minutes until it does! (I have never applied more the twice) My seven month got his two bottom teeth in too and he keeps drooling!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 12:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i personally dont like alot of meds unless it is horrible, so when my kids were just starting to teeth i would give them the big carrots that were cold to suck on. works good and it has flavor.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 12:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Orajel is useless - as you've found out. It does numb the gums but only for a few minutes.
    Try teething tablets to help ease her distress and calm her down. It's bascially chamomile tea for babies.
    Use tylenol or motrin for the pain.
    Give her a wide variety of teething toys - hard, soft, fabric, rubber, wood, vibrating ones (The First Years sells a great star shaped one), cold ones.
    Give her cold wet washclothes to chew on.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Teething Tablets cause you cant advise those enough. They are a lifesaver. Yes its normal for a 6 month old to teeth.
    QTMamma01

Answer by QTMamma01 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2008