Never see my hubby

my husband started a new job and right now hes been working 12 hour days. im 7 weeks pregnant and really want to spend quality time with him. when he gets home all he wants to do is eat and relax and then go to bed. its hard with our 2 other kids. any suggestions on how to achieve some one on one time?

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• You just have to corner him!
    theirfuture152

Answer by theirfuture152 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have a very similiar problem...I'm a SAHM and DH works 2 jobs so quality time is almost non-existant. What does he like to do to relax? My hubby likes to play video games (fortunatly I'm into them too) so we play alot of 2 player games together and that's kind of like our quality time, also if he has errands to run, offer to go with him and keep him company. It might not be the kind of quality time you hoped for but it's better than nothing.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Get a sitter. Then surprise him with a picnic during his lunch hour or go pick him up after work and take him out! Or still hire the sitter or leave the kids with Grandma and have a candlelight dinner and a movie at home.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Men bond (both with other guys and women) by doing physical activities.
    Could you go for a walk or play a game together?
    Also complimenting him on all the "hard work" he does will open him up to talking to you more...since most men
    are egocenteric.
    Tell him you appreciate all the hard effort he puts into providing for your family and how stressful that must be and watch how he communicates with you more!
    Good Luck Mom!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We put our 3 kids to bed at 7:30. Then we have from 7:30 -10 or whenever we feel like going to sleep to spend together. We usually spend most of it just cuddling on the couch watching tv and chatting.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'm in the same boat. My DH leaves the house at 8:30 am and walks in the door between 9:30 and 10 pm. We have 4 kids, one who has pneumonia and one who is nursing. I am exhausted by the time he gets home, and all he wants to do is watch tv, play computer, and sleep. I know I'm tired, but we will stay up and talk to each other. I ask about his day, he asks about mine. We complain about things that happened, make fun of people on the tv and go to bed. It's amazing how a few minutes a day makes us feel closer.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my husband has not gotten home until about 1030 pm the last two night and it looks the same tonight. when he is home he will be either playing ds or asleep on the couch. I wish i could tell you what to do but it looks like i am in the same bolt:(
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well give it time after he gets comfortable in his job all will be good but until then when he comes home try to put the kids down and spend time with him in the bed just talking about his and your day and what you did. This way you are still bonding and spending time even though it not running around or watching just being with him is good. I work weekends and my husband works nights so sometime I wake him up 2 hours before he has to leave give him dinner and we chat in the bed. I tell him about my day and we hug then he's off to work again.
    We have Mon off and part of tues together so we rent movies at the library maybe drink wine coolers and bond just him and I...the son is at school, you just have to make time with the time you have....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I work 12-hour shifts, five days a week, as a trauma nurse. Believe me sweetie, when I come home all I want to do is eat, relax and sleep. If the one-on-one time you're talking about is supposed to take place after work, your best bet is going to be drooling in front of the television right along with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2011