Birthday parties/gifts

Lately my son has had alot of bday invites.

When you take your kids to this many parties, do you buy gifts for every child?

What are some other gifts for boys besides Star wars figures?

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Legos,Hot Wheels,Puzzles,Gift Certificate for Books,remote control car,comic books,board games,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes, if you'll be attending the party then you need to take a gift.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I agree, if your taking him to the party, he needs to take a gift. And it's not about the gift but the thought. They thought enough to invite him. I always to get things that go along with the invitation, if there's a theme...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Usualy if you RSVP to the party, its a chance to ask what the birthday kid is into. If you go, then you should bring a gift.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• This is a boy my son jsut met a few months ago and only sees maybe once a week. thanks for the suggestion about asking what the bday kid likes

virginiamama71

Comment by virginiamama71 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If you attend the party, you must bring a gift. The key is cutting down on the parties your children attend. At their schools, if invitations are given in school, the child must invite either the entire class or everyone of his/her gender in the class, which means they get a lot of invites. We know who are children are good friends with by how much they talk about them. So if they are invited by one of these good friends, they can go; if the guest of honor isn't a close friend, just someone who invited them 'cuz they had to invite the whole class, then we are busy that day.
    SueZ

Answer by SueZ at 9:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I set a price limit and try to find something that's a lot of bang for the buck. If I'm going to spend $10 I'd rather get something like a soccer ball than a cheap plastic toy that won't last the day.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 12:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Try to pick up toys when you see them on sale or clearance so when you have a party to go to you already have some gifts at home to choose from. I agree to spend at least $10. Board games, books, outside toys now that spring is around the corner, gift certificate, spiderman, batman ect.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If we go, we take a gift. However, we don't go to most of the parties, only for the kids my kids actually play with. With the stupid "must invite the whole class rule" that'd be way too many parties.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011