Attitude?

my daughter is 2 and has a nasty attitude some times...whats the best way to stop it before she drives me insane? some days shes a lil angel and others i wanna pull my hair out

shortiekid

Asked by shortiekid at 5:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am going through the same thing with my almost 2 year old daughter. When shes acting really bad, I just hug her and squeeze her and tickle her until she laughes... that way she's not making that ugly mean face lol
    CynCity281

Answer by CynCity281 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... it is part of that age!!! I know I shouldn't find it funny, but my 3 year old will litterally scream at my 5 year old to put his shoes away by the front door where they belong! He's like 2 feet tall, his speech is small (small voice), and I can see he feels what he is stating... and I laugh, because I am not even that anal about it, as long as they are by the entry and not on the carpet... I am happy... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Give her consequences for her actions (if you haven't all ready).
    Take a favorite toy away, set up a time-out area that she has to sit in for her misbehaviour.
    Time-outs usually go by a minute per age of the child (so 2 minutes).
    Also reward the good/positive behaviour that she does show you...use a "Good Day Sticker Chart".
    For every good day she has reward her with a sticker..when she gets 3 stickers than do a mommy/baby day.
    Play dress-up or something fun!
    Try to not do activities that cost anything or you might end up growing broke in the process!
    Good Luck Mom!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Time out for 10-15 minutes in a closed area. Let her scream and cry and throw her fit and in 10-15 minutes go in and talk with her and explain why she is in there or why she cannot come out. Ask her if she is ready to be a good girl and listen and then if she says yes, let her out. The minute she starts throwing a fit again, back to the closed area where she can't "get your attention" or make you feel bad that she's crying. Over and over and eventually she will not want to go to the closed area. And by closed area I mean somewhere there are no toys, or anything for her to enjoy being in time out. And no, I'm NOT suggesting the closet. lol
    AequitasVeritas

Answer by AequitasVeritas at 10:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We do a time-out. If she's acting up or having an attitude, we put her in her crib, turn off the light, and shut the door. Minute or so later, I go in and she gives me a hug. After that, she's okay.
    IrishPennMom

Answer by IrishPennMom at 12:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i figured today that if she gets snarky i tell her no n stick her in the corner...she has the irish attitude (got it from me..lol) and so once i stick her in the corner she cryes and says sorry....ohhh majic corner..lol
    shortiekid

Comment by shortiekid (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2011