What to do in Las Vegas?

My sisters and I are planning a Girl's trip to Las Vegas in October for my 30th birthday. If you've been there, what do you enjoy most/least? If you've never been, but always wanted to go, what would you want to see the most?

I want to compile a must do list, a do if we have time list, and an avoid at all costs list. This will be my first trip like this, and I am so excited I can hardly wait!

Thanks for the input ladies!

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 5:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Travel

• I've been to Vegas several times, and enjoy it every time I go. Must see's... the strip in daylight and at night time. There are lots of things the hotel/casinos have outside and in. You can rent a golf cart to ride around in, on the strip. Another is all the different outlet malls, talk about great buys, but be prepared and take lots of good walking shoes. Check online for what shows will be there, while your going to be there, most of these can be very expensive, so only choose one or two to go see. Mean time relax in the evening, set a limit on what you can spend putting money in slot machines at the casinos, and while you are gambling, all alcoholic drinks are free. Take a day to drive up to see Hoover Dam, it is very interesting. Just relax and have a great time, hotel/motel fees are fairly cheap, and most meals if you check around are cheep as well. Spend some time in the pools or spas.
    Spicelynn

Answer by Spicelynn at 6:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The only thing I don't like about vegas is my sister lives there and she can be pretty obnoxious...otherwise i hear the shows are wonderful and a must see
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• wonderful places to eat,Awesome Shopping,wandering around the casinos,The Bellagio, Fountains,Hoover Dam,shows,Gondola ride,And have lots of fun!!!!! :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Go to shows
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Ditto what Spicelynn said. I've been there many times, but all that you're asking for-to answer -there's not enough space here. Go check out some of the travel groups. Where are you staying? Do you like buffets or diners or gourmet food? What's your budget? See Jubilee. Do the backstage tour. Go to the Rio, and the Ballagio for Buffets. The Venetian has great dinner restaurants. Nightclub? Blush in the Wynn.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would highly recommend taking a Hoover Dam tour. I've been to Vegas several times. Of course you will want to see as much as possible on the main strip, but take a few hours and visit downtown (and see the Freemont light show at night).
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Check out the shows! The hypnotists are always entertaining.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I love vegas but to me ONLY the strip... i wont go off of it.... it seems scary.... you have to see the vinitcian and do a boat ride... you should gamble at cheap places and i really really think if you are good looking and a gril and you can play card games there is only one thing you need to do to win money every night... wear a low cut top and push up bra - ya kow they watch you from above... i bounce around and come back to the hotel with lots of $$ everytime i gambled.... try my theory.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Here's a listing of 100 things to do in Vegas:
    http://govegas.about.com/od/attractions/a/100thingstodo.htm

Enjoy!
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 11:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Bellagio
    Venetian
    New York, New York
    Paris
    Wynn
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 8:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011