WYR cats or dogs?

debating which one to get

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pets

• I have both but I grew-up with cats....and I DO love them.
    They are very independent and you can leave them alone for a few days at a time.
    But I really really LOVE my dog, a German Shorthaired Pointer, Buddy!
    He makes me feel special and needed.
    Of course dogs require more work and more food but my dog is well worth it!
    It really depends on the level of activity you want to invest in this animal and the amount of space you have,
    along with the ages of your kid(s).
    Each critter has it's own beautiful attributes!
    Good Luck Deciding and Have FUN!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• cat

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have a Dog,Casey he is a $ year old Chihuahua and I agree with Missikat75 cats are more indepentednt so you need to decide how much time and energy you have and are willing to hare with your pet
    RedStone84

Answer by RedStone84 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Cats. Definitely
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• puppy

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• What are your reasons for wanting a new pet? What can you give this pet that someone else can't? I think getting any pet should take careful consideration, and lots of planning. You want to get your pet from a responsible breeder, who knows something about the genetics of the breed your looking for, so that you know your getting a quality pet, that will have a long healthy life. Do research for different breeds in order to find the pet that will best suit your family and needs.
    Spicelynn

Answer by Spicelynn at 6:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Personally, I like both but hubby is allergic to cats. We had five dogs, lost one on 1/24 because of a house fire and now have 4. All 5 of my dogs were rescues, wouldn't have it any other way. I am trying to talk hubby in to letting me get a Black Lab puupy once we move back in to our house after it's rebuilt in about 6 mos. but I have a feeling he won't budge on that one.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• dog
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 12:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I like both and have both.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my husband use to be a cat person until i talked him into getting a dog instead. they are more responsive and cuddle more with you, cats mind their own business and have their own terms for affection.
    fordeeperroots

Answer by fordeeperroots at 7:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011